Are you a curious problem-solver that wants to harness technology to effectively meet businesses needs? If you define yourself first as a business person and second as a technologist and understand the development life-cycle of new technology this may be the perfect role for you!
This is a new position, that provides an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in the development of advanced technology solutions. You will work in collaboration with business units across 3Degrees, but with a focus on environmental commodity origination, sales and trading, seeking to understand how new technology can support and help expand existing operations.
You will be the subject matter expert on rapidly evolving topics such as blockchain and IoT (Internet of Things) within 3Degrees and for our customers.
A successful first year will include defining multiple use cases for blockchain across the company’s business units and beginning deployment while taking a lead role in representing 3Degrees with customers, at relevant conferences and within industry organizations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Invest in understanding 3Degrees business operations work today and how they are evolving; consider how they might evolve differently going forward.
- Use your strong analytical skills, business acumen and technical knowledge to analyze market trends and make recommendations on potential technology and solutions whether or not such recommendations involve blockchain.
- Build a robust network in advanced software technologies to identify and engage in technical discussions and partnerships that will result in mutually valuable use case pilots and products.
- Manage the product development cycle including; definition of customer pain points, business case, market size and scope, use case selection and implementation of a minimal viable product through validation and production.
- Working with our Marketing team, and only as warranted, author blog posts, opinion pieces, white papers and other pieces to increase our visibility as a leader and innovator in the space.
- Participate in speaking engagements at relevant events and lead training and education on the subject matter for internal teams.
- Effectively track and communicate internally ongoing 3Degrees advanced software technology initiatives.
WHAT WE SEEK FROM YOU
- Business experience with a proven ability to successfully scope and implement projects, ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of equivalent education/relevant experience in Business, Engineering, Computer Science and/or Environmental Science.
- Exceptional project management skills and success in discovering innovative solutions to complex problems.
- An interest in environmental commodities including (RECs, GOs, IRECs, TIGRs etc.), carbon offsets and renewable energy and climate mitigation advisory services.
- A desire to research and extend your expertise in areas of growth to fill gaps in knowledge.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- While you have no plans to win a hackathon, you are comfortable in -- and enjoy -- a conversation discussing software-based technology solutions.
- Experience analyzing transaction data and policies in the renewable energy and carbon market a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities to evangelize our competency and position.
READY TO JOIN US?
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to showcase your skills and tell us about your passion for the mission! We look forward to learning more about you! https://goo.gl/HqPDQj