Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 2,000 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you will share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming a Data Scientist-Prin-Manager? Come see why the difference is personal at Aaron’s, connect with us today!
The Data Scientist performs duties related to data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling, analytics, and software engineering to build algorithms that will result in massive improvements to the way Aaron’s does business. Responsible for developing and improving key decision systems and predictive models to drive maximum business impact. Will develop a profound understanding of Aaron’s customers, business processes, products, and financials by studying the data that describe each of these elements of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds, maintains, and improves complex key decision systems and predictive models
- Explores both internal and external new data sources and utilizes findings to further improve and optimize model performance
- Designs, implements, and reads in-market experiments testing new algorithms, technologies, and processes
- Recommends and supports strategic business changes through rigorous analytics, deep understanding of the business, and creative problem solving
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements emerging advanced analytics technologies and methods
- Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support business decisions
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative or technical field (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Business Analytics, Data Science or a related field)
- Experience with implementation of machine learning models using web services preferred
- Possesses skills in data exploration and machine learning tools such as those found in R and/or Python
- Microsoft Azure platform skills preferred
- Demonstrated ability applying advanced statistical modeling techniques to solve problems
- Intermediate skills with querying languages (SQL, etc.)
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of data modeling, machine learning algorithms, statistical modeling & analysis, data engineering and data visualization
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Ability to communicate and present highly complex concepts to all levels of management
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer