Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts in over 81,000 cities across 191 countries. As such, it has collected a diverse set of data, which our Data Science team mines for insights that will propel our community and product forward. However, information is only as valuable as it is understood by decision-makers -- specifically the policymakers with whom we seek to partner to develop a global network of rules that allow responsible hosting, and thus our business, to flourish.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to lead our Communications and Marketing data science team. The work within this role has both an internal and an external focus. Internally, the lead will help to shape our global communications and marketing strategy via data-driven analysis. The candidate will also lead external-facing research, exploring the Airbnb community through data-driven storytelling.
The ideal candidate has a background in the intersection of data analytics and communications or marketing, with a strong grasp of communications and/or marketing fields. Creativity, strong written and verbal communication skills, and a keen sense of timing are especially sought after in this role. Examples of projects you would work on may include:
- Drive measurement, analysis, and testing initiatives supporting global and regional marketing programs.
- Analyze large data sets, and design and perform statistical analyses that continuously improve our process efficiency and campaign impact
- Informing comms and marketing strategies via data
- Leading an annual survey on our Airbnb host and guest community
- Collaborating with external consultants and academics on research
The San Francisco-based data scientist will partner with the global Communications and Marketing leadership as well as with the rest of the Public Policy Data Science team. In this role, you will have tremendous upwards exposure and a front seat for the maturation of the platform economy. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to expand our global footprint, drive growth and build public understanding of Airbnb, our mission, our business and our community, we want to hear from you.
- Must have:
- Deep expertise in marketing analytics and communications Experience in driving business strategy, particularly with regards to communications or marketing
- Experience defining testing methodologies including mixed market testing or setting up synthetic controls
- Confidence with analytical tools such as Excel, R, Python, Stata, or Matlab
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Experience designing and delivering presentations for senior leaders
- 10+ years of applicable industry experience
- Leadership or managerial experience
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language
- Ability to work with dashboarding software such as Tableau or Google Analytics
- Familiarity with foreign languages
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status