Who We Are: : AM Pierce & Associates is a woman-owned small business providing Engineering & Research, Cyber, C5ISR, Program & Acquisition Management services and solutions to a diverse government and industry client base. We are a stable and growing company who offers our employees a rich benefits package, supportive and flexible work environment and the opportunity to work with experts in their field.
The Position: : We are in search of a candidate who has computer science, machine learning (ML), machine vision (MV), or artificial intelligence (AI) experience to support military and homeland security needs. Effort focuses on establishing a laboratory capability for NAVAIRSYSCOM to use in advancing workforce knowledge and to leverage advances in these cutting-edge fields. Experience in R, MATLAB, Python or similar computer languages required. Position would support NAVAIRSYSCOM in advancing the Command knowledge base or Naval Aviation platforms in establishing requirements for, or evaluating performance of, associated capabilities of vendor-provided solutions.
The Location: : Patuxent River, Maryland: Best Places for Tech Jobs (#4)
The Description: :
- Support development of a AI/ML/MV laboratory capability at NAVAIRSYSCOM
- Develop metrics for use in analyzing performance of ML/MV systems
- Support development of training materials and curriculum for workforce development in the areas of AI, ML, and MV
- Conduct applied research in the areas of AI, ML, MV as they relate to the mission and systems of Naval Aviation. Focus will be on advancing image recognition and classification using ML/MV algorithms
- Ability and willingness to stay current on technical progress and trends in AI, ML, MV tools and processes (e.g., TensorFlow and Nuthena)
- Able to lead small teams of engineers
- Able to work well with teams of engineers
The successful candidate will have the education and experience below:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Associate’s degree plus 4 years’ additional work may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. 6 years’ additional work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree
- Expertise in data fusion, artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer science, data science and/or automated decision making technologies.
- An Active DoD Secret clearance is required.
Preferred qualifications: :
- Master’s degree
- Strong skills in statistics, linear algebra, and Kalman filters
- Top Secret clearance eligible
The Working Environment: : The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for the majority of the workday. The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required. AM Pierce & Associates offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Safe Harbor Plan with Immediate Vesting
- Discretionary Profit Sharing Program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Incentive Programs
- Awards and Recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Will Preparation, Identity Theft Protection & Legal Support
- Travel Assistance
- Financial Foundations Program
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Local Gym Discounts
AM Pierce & Associates complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates does not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates takes affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates does not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here .
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 240-718-3800.