The Data Center Global Services (DCGS) team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive data center engineer to drive the development and continuous improvement of data center operations. As a DCGS Data Engineer, you will be working with data on a scale unique to the AWS data center platform. Collaborating with our research scientists, you will be turning this data into valuable information. This information will drive solutions to problems regarding the optimization of data center cooling and power distribution.
As a data engineer, you know how to design logical schemas that organize data in a meaningful, efficient way. You can work effectively with unstructured data by building a schema-on-read data system. You understand how to build scalable and maintainable data pipelines. You are thoughtful about data sources and validate data credibility to ensure that it’s appropriate for a given solution. You clean and prepare data quickly and work well independently. You are comfortable with Python and write maintainable code. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. We are looking for people who are motivated by thinking big, moving fast, and changing the way customers use data to drive profitability. If you love to implement solutions to hard problems while working hard, having fun, and making history, this may be the opportunity for you.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Experience with ETL
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing SQL queries Experience in Schema Design
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence within multiple levels of the organization
- Proficiency in HiveQL
- Experience using Tableau to create visual representations of data
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role