Machine Learning Scientist
Headquarters: Seattle, WA
See all Amazon.com jobs →
Come join the Alexa team, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. You can help us invent the future. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for the development and launch of core technology which is used in production.
As an Applied Scientist on the Alexa Deep Learning Frameworks Team, you will design and develop fast, efficient, and highly scalable machine learning algorithms that are applied to natural language processing and speech recognition problems.
You will gain hands on experience with Amazon’s heterogeneous structured data sources; as well as large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in training deep neural networks for natural language understanding and automatic speech recognition on thousands of hours of speech.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems.
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related field, or related industry experience
- 3+ years of experience with underlying Machine Learning techniques, Deep Learning, and algorithm development
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in state-of-the-art machine learning and statistical modeling techniques
- Strong development skills in programming languages such as C/C++, Python or Java
- PhD degree in machine learning, computer science or related discipline
- 3+ years of industry or postdoctoral experience with machine learning
- 3+ years of experience in natural language understanding/processing or speech recognition
- Experience in building large-scale machine learning systems
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Python on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Proficiency in cuda
- Proficiency in MxNet, pyTorch or TensorFlow
- Excellent communication, design and analytical skills
Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation