Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking Software Engineers (Java) to join our team in the Washington, DC office.
The Java Developer will be an integral part of the software engineering and product development team within AIR. This group of professionals provide custom software solutions for our clients as well as internal support systems. Much of the work we perform is new development, so the right candidate will have the skills needed to perform full life-cycle software development. This includes participation in requirements gathering, application and database design, system documentation, writing and unit-testing efficient code, and deployment.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science and 5+ years professional software development experience, PhD is plus
• 2-3 years professional experience utilizing core Java language
• Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrated proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design
• Solid understanding of algorithms
• Working knowledge of .NET (C#, ASP.NET) preferred
• SQL experience to include work with relational databases and writing SQL queries preferred
• Training and experience in Artificial Intelligence and applications is a plus
• Self-starting, independent thinker and worker
• Excellent analytical skills required
• Highly detail-oriented
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work well on a team as well as independently