We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will support the digital transformation of Amgen Operations by leveraging advanced analytics to characterize business performance in Operations, evaluate potential opportunities, and enable step change in business performance. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding leader who can leverage his/her quantitative expertise to challenge the status quo, drive automation and continuous improvement, and embed digital ways of working in Operations. The role will be responsible for providing analytical support and enabling data-driven decision making that will build foundational capability to provide end-to-end visibility into business processes and build advanced analytics solutions to drive value.
In addition to focusing on solving traditional and big data problems, this role will be support our Data Management and Governance programs, Data Architecture and Modeling, and the overall data footprint. This role will interact with a wide range of business leaders to understand processes, analyze data, and present findings.
- Drive cross functional analytics projects from beginning to end: from building relationships with key business leaders to collecting and analyzing data, as well as summarize and present key insights in support of decision making to help evaluate strategic options that support data and analytics transformation
- Use analytics tools and scientific rigor to produce actionable insights
- Build a wide-range of innovative data and analytics solutions, from descriptive to machine learning based (including real-time visualization tools that leverage Big Data platforms with real-time data ingestion and processing)
- Collaborate with business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop success criteria and optimize analytics solutions across Operations
- Partner with business to share data best practices and support business / IS led implementation
- Assist in developing business cases and strategic recommendations
- Interact with various finance groups including functional FP and A to understand impact to budget/long range plans
- Provide support in developing executive communications and present analysis and insights to Amgen’s senior leadership
- Perform ad hoc analysis and support special projects
Master’s degree and 3 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field experience
- Master’s degree in data science, business, statistics, data mining, applied mathematics, business analytics, engineering, computer science or related field and 3 years of relevant experience in developing advanced analytics algorithms and analyzing data specifically in Operations (BioPharma Operations a plus)
- Understanding of / experience in Operations, including Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, etc.
- Statistical or mathematical modeling experience
- Ability to work with unstructured data sets and harmonize complex Operations data
- Familiarity with common Operations systems, such as SAP, Rapid Response, MES, LIMS, etc.
- Familiarity with advanced analytics tool sets, such as R, Python, SQL, Alteryx, etc.
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities of data stored in data warehouse or data lake repositories and data extracted directly from the source systems
- Experience with data visualization tools or packages, such as Tableau or Spotfire
- Experience working on a cloud platform (e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.) is a plus
- Familiarity using Dev Ops technologies
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally in an organization
- Energetic, detailed oriented, highly motivated with a “can do” outlook
- Proven ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..