The Accounting Manager will have a hands-on leadership role in all aspects of GL accounting and financial reporting at Anki including the active management of day to day operations and reporting activities and the planning and implementation of new accounting policies, processes, and supporting systems. The successful candidate will have some technical accounting background, excellent analytical, collaboration and communication skills, and will be a sound business thinker able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high expectation environment. This role will provide a wide variety of challenging responsibilities including a rich mix of recurring activities and special projects. The successful candidate will be passionately engaged in building a solid foundation for the Finance Department.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Manage monthly and quarterly GL close activities including preparation and execution of close calendar
- Oversee and manage the following functions: Inventory cycle including cost accounting and cycle counts; Procure to Pay cycle; and Fixed Assets cycle
- Oversee the overall GL accounting process and preparation of the monthly consolidated financial results including foreign currency translation and intercompany elimination entries
- Prepare/review general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare/review journal entries and related support for complex areas including accounting for revenue, stock-based compensation, income taxes, earnings per share and transactions involving significant accounting estimates
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and reporting package
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements and disclosure support in accordance with GAAP and non-GAAP metrics as needed
- Coordinate the preparation of schedules and reports in support of annual audit ensuring that all deliverables are met
- Oversee international reporting compliance and manage 3rd party accounting service providers
- Identify and propose accounting solutions for new or unusual business transactions to ensure that day-to-day accounting is consistent with corporate accounting policies, procedures and GAAP
- Provide technical leadership in analysis, resolution and documentation of significant accounting issues, estimates, and complex financial statement disclosures
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums as needed for accounting policies and significant transactions and support the review process with finance management and external auditors
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and strengthening of internal controls and drive implementation of recommendations
- Lead optimization of reporting functionality available from Netsuite and other Finance systems/tools
- Identify and assist in implementation of new systems, upgrades and automation of accounting processes
- Lead development of data and processes for reporting critical management information including GAAP and Non-GAAP metrics for bookings, revenue and cost trends
- Oversee the Company’s external financial reporting process
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance
- 7+ years overall accounting experience including at least 3 years of public accounting and experience
- Hardware and inventory costing experience, preferably within industry
- Medium level of technical accounting and financial reporting skills with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP and FASB codification and have the ability to perform technical research and preparation of accounting policy documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of management. Ability to communicate complex accounting and reporting issues in a clear and concise manner
- Well-developed problem solving, planning, and project management skills. Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (advanced Excel skillset is key)
- Systems savvy and experienced, preferably NetSuite ERP user
- Comfortable working with cross functional teams
- Professional, polished and looking to grow long term with an exciting company as a key contributor to our growing finance team
- Self-starter with the ability to act and operate independently
- Natural curiosity to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience with Netsuite
- Big 4 Public Accounting is strong preferred
- SaaS and B2C experience
- Top tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, JPMorgan Investment, and Two Sigma Ventures.
- Experts in the industry: Co-Founded by 3 Carnegie Mellon PhDs in robotics and machine learning. Huge leap over competitors in terms of product development and domain knowledge.
- Huge market potential: Conglomerate of applications in the Robotics and Artificial Intelligence space.
- Record revenue growth over the last three years.
- Headquartered in San Francisco with over 200 employees and plans to scale.