Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
With offices in Pittsburgh, the Bay Area of California, Southeastern Michigan and Central New Jersey, we are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Engineering complex systems, such as autonomous vehicles, requires a unique combination of broad vision, focus on the details, and the discipline to follow the design between the two. System safety engineers at Argo AI are responsible for addressing how the systems we design maintain safe functionality by design, taking into consideration potential faults, malfunctions, and complex system-level interactions. Successful candidates will be experts in the application of system safety concepts and standards to modern engineered systems. They will be able to apply this expertise to both the hardware and software components of the system. They will also be excellent cross-functional communicators.
What you’ll do:
- Work across Argo to design safety into our autonomous vehicle systems from the ground up
- Tackle the topics of safety, functional safety, and security from a systems engineering perspective
- Work with engineering teams from concept through implementation, representing the consideration of safety in the design throughout the process
- Communicate design considerations and progress with respect to the system safety case across the engineering organization
- Develop and maintain the complete system safety case for the our autonomous vehicle systems
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field
- Strong record working in the field of system safety as it relates to hardware, software and system-level design
- Strong engineering communication skills, especially the ability to communicate complex engineering issues to a diverse team
- Expertise with ISO-26262, IEC-61508, and/or safety critical system design best practices
- Expertise with design analysis techniques such as DFMEA, FTA, and STPA
- Strong systems engineering fundamentals
- Expertise with modern systems engineering requirements management practices
- Experience applying functional safety concepts to autonomous vehicles and/or high-performance computing a major plus
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Full, high quality health/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Unlimited vacation
- Competitive compensation packages
- Flexible work locations
- Free parking
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement