Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
With offices in Pittsburgh, the Bay Area of California, Southeastern Michigan and Central New Jersey, we are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo SW TPM team is a highly dynamic and cross-functional team. The team is responsible for the planning, technical cross-check, and plan execution of everything from lower level tasks to organizational level projects. This role is also responsible for aiding in the continuing evolution of Argo SW develop and planning processes. This role will specifically be working with the Perception team.
What you’ll do:
- Work with team leads, individual contributors, and other TPMs (SW and HW) to advance the Argo software products and processes
- Work with software perception teams to develop and optimize timing requirements, objectives, and interdependencies with activities such as, but not limited to: AV feature improvement and development, AV performance enhancements, and associated tooling
- Develop detailed implementation plans, maintain alignment, and monitor program status across multiple activities to reduce or remove dependencies
- Ensure timely delivery of deliverables and system capabilities according to an evolving, and faced-paced, program schedule
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of the entirety of the program across the entire lifecycle
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field
- Must have experience developing, implementing and testing perception based systems
- Hands-on experience and strong background with modern project/software management processes and tools, e.g., agile, scrum, Jira/Rally, SmartSheets, and Google Suite
- Hands-on experience with robotic algorithms/hardware/systems, computer vision, machine learning, artificial intelligence, simulation, or motion controls desired
- Hyper-organized mindset - able to be an influencer of projects to lead development, operations, and logistics toward a common goal
- Works effectively under extreme pressure - consistently delivers excellent results and high output rates in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities - able to formulate solutions quickly by using a breadth and depth of knowledge / connections / etc
- Ability to organize chaos and uncertainty through the implementation of robust processes and procedures
- Strong teamwork, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with autonomous vehicles, components, and systems preferred
- Hands-on experience with writing and designing software a plus
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Full, high quality health/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Unlimited vacation
- Competitive compensation packages
- Flexible work locations
- Free parking
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement