Headquarters: Palo Alto, CA
See all Autonomic jobs →
Who we are
We are a team of passionate technologists with broad experience in cloud and distributed systems, mobile, UX and machine learning. We think in terms of scale and architecture. We've been in and around startups in Silicon Valley our whole careers. We're happiest when we're growing fast, making quick decisions, working hard and combining our knowledge of technology with our business.
Our experience working with the world's largest companies has prepared us for the specific challenges facing the transportation industry.
Recently acquired, Autonomic is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Smart Mobility.
Where we are
Autonomic has spacious modern facilities in several locations in North America. Our headquarters is located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto, California. We have engineering teams in Palo Alto, Toronto, Seattle, and Detroit. We are actively building a team in Shanghai, China.
How we work
Our Engineers are involved in all aspects of the product life cycle; Conceptual design, development, deployment and devops. We have a flat hierarchy and we spend 99% of our time writing code. We love agile, continuous integration and continuous deployment. Our engineers have their choice of the latest Apple gear.
Are you self-motivated? Are you a great communicator and do you have experience with some/all of the following? If so we’d love to talk to you.
- You love building great software in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You have experience building high performance distributed systems solving large scale engineering challenges
- You have meaningful experience building microservices in Java
- You have a solid working knowledge of stream processing systems and you have career experience dealing with unbounded data
- You have an understanding of distributed messaging - queuing systems
- You have deep expertise in Spring - Java
- You understand OOP/OOD/Functional principles
- You have experience deploying production software using Kafka, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL.
- You have deployed your production code on Amazon AWS
- You have a working knowledge of and experience in transportation and automotive.
- You have a Masters Degree in Computer Science or a Bachelor's Degree and no less than 5 years of equivalent experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable.