Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Researcher Statistician / Data Scientist. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
For over 35 years, our Advanced Analytics organization has been specializing in providing statistical analysis, modeling and informatics solutions in the areas of health, defense, environment, toxicological studies and other research areas. We are looking to add a data analyst to our growing team.
The primary job responsibilities for the selected candidate will include:
- Application of statistical models and machine learning methods
- Processing and combining data sets for analysis from diverse sources
- Summarizing data for internal and external reports
- Critically evaluating data for quality measures such as completeness, accuracy, and applicability, applying understanding of relevant research area nomenclature
- Recommending and implementing mathematically sound analyses and modeling on diverse data sources
- Communicating results in a clear, concise, and effective manner with emphasis on data visualization techniques
- Proactively managing expectations and meeting deadlines in a fast-moving, agile environment
- Maintaining excellent communication and interacting with co-located team members as well as geographically diverse team members daily
- Domestic travel on an occasional basis is anticipated
- Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Physics, or Data Analytics AND 0-2 years’ experience OR
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Physics, or Data Analytics AND 2-5 years’ experience
- Strong course work in mathematical and statistical theory.
- Course work or experience demonstrating algorithmic programming and data visualization skills in Python, R, SAS, or Matlab.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to obtain or maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers