Sr. Data Scientist
Bed Bath & Beyond
Headquarters: Union, NJ
See all Bed Bath & Beyond jobs →
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist with a strong passion for turning large data into actionable insights that drive improved business performance. They must have strong critical thinking skills and a passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, this individual will be responsible for manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources. They will be integral in transforming the way that data is integrated and leveraged to drive the business. This position will have the opportunity to present findings and share insights with multiple business leaders throughout the organization including ecommerce, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, operations, finance etc.
The role is positioned within Bed Bath & Beyond Inc's Customer & Business Analytics department. The Customer & Business Analytics department is a World Class Analytics group, responsible for providing actionable insights into various aspects of the business to drive value and support improvements within the business. Analytic focus areas include Business Performance, Customer Intelligence, CRM & Optimization as well as Web Analytics.
- Build and implement machine learning, statistical and other mathematical models as needed for specific business use cases
- Identify appropriate algorithms to discover patterns
- Produce dynamic data driven analytic solutions to support the strategic goals of the company
- Mine and translate data into meaningful insights and recommendations for the operational and strategic business units
- Conduct data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Enhance data creation procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Drive the collection of new data sources and the refinement of existing data sources
- Analyze, interpret & clearly communicate the results of experiments to the business units
- Work with cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of data & analytics projects and initiatives
- Keep up to date with latest technology trends
Experience & Personal Qualities:
- Strong background in statistical concepts including regression analysis, factoring, clustering, decision trees, random forests, neural networks
- Knowledge of Advance Machine Learning (Deep learning) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques and applications
- Experience with various data types (e.g. Relational, unstructured, Hierarchical, etc)
- The ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Be detail-oriented and comfortable with a fast-paced, structured, retail environment
- A minimum Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or a related field
- 5 – 8 years professional experience in solving analytical problems using machine learning approaches
- Practical experience with SAS, ETL, SQL, data processing, database programming and data analytics
- Excellent pattern recognition, predictive modeling and Natural Language Processing (NLP) skills
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, R, SAS & MatLab
- High proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig as well as programming languages such as Python and Java
- Knowledge of data visualization tools, such as SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau, Qlik-View etc.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.