Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This position will manage a team of analysts that support our Sales and Services (SAS) organization by helping solve the age old problem of optimal human capital deployment to over 10,000 retail locations in the US and Canada. The breadth of retailers is unique to Citi, spanning from some of the world’s largest retailers like the Home Depot to specialty Caterpillar dealerships. The team focuses on transforming data into insights, which help the Sales and Services team measure more effectively their actions, while creating analytics solutions to help drive retail and credit revenue for Citi and its Partners. The optimization problem is simple: When and where should the team visit to take what actions, to drive retail sales and penetration through our products. The team will work with some of the largest data assets available across any industry. The problem is cognitively challenging and will leverage regression/segmentation, big data techniques, and artificial intelligence. However, the solution itself must be elegantly simple to ensure easy communication and execution by over 250 Citi reps and 100k plus retail associates.
Specific responsibilities will include across all retail partnerships, but are not limited to:
Business Intelligence (BI)
- Work with sales team to create reporting logic to enable performance tracking across all Sales and Services activities and strategies.
- Work with reporting team to deploy consistent and simple KPIs and user experiences to sales Team.
Business Analytics (BA)
- Use advanced statistical models to help identify retail locations that will benefit from a Sales team visit by leveraging market level consumer behavior information.
- Create segmentation strategies for all retailers that will help set optimal visit cadence for each location to effectively build a credit culture at target stores.
- Identify sales and penetration opportunities at each location by leveraging consumer spend insights.
Predictive Analytics (PA)
- Work with data scientist to create models that predict consumer spend, val prop preference at each retail location, key root cause areas of performance, optimal logistic routes.
- Leverage BI, BA, & PA to interpret data for business partners, ultimately working in conjunction to create go to market strategies that will grow card and retail sales.
- Work with Retail Services Information Management, Sales and Services Team, Finance teams, portfolio DM teams, and Sales Force dot Com team to deploy/implement analytics.
- Developing test design and go to market strategies with Sales and Services teams for new partnerships, expand existing partnerships, and optimize existing practices.
- Create universal solutions so all portfolios (regardless of size) can leverage and benefit.
- Influence organization to expand the usage of fact based decision making.
- Experience leading analytics in sales team strategy creation and deployment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing analytics teams and 7+ years in analytics field.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be organized, detail oriented, flexible and adaptive to matrix work environment.
- Ability to focus on implementable analytic solutions.
- Strong knowledge on consumer shopping behavior in multi-channel retail environment.
- Excellent ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams in order to drive optimal business solutions through collaboration.
- Masters degree in a quantitative discipline is required (i.e. Engineering, physics, Statistics, Mathematics).
- Advanced SAS/SQL programming skills. Experience in segmentation, statistical modeling, financial modeling and analytic tools (SAS E-Miner, Knowledge Seeker, etc.) are required.
- Proven track record of implementing and monetizing analytic solutions (models, segmentation, test/control design)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including strong PowerPoint skills to develop analytic presentations.
- Strong analytic ability and problem solving skills to proactively address business questions with innovative data driven solutions.
- Solid project management skills to focus on multiple priorities and drive impactful business solutions in a fast paced working environment.
- Effective presentation and communication skills with the ability to summarize analytic findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.