Coinbase’s vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
We recently launched a Chicago office and are looking for strong engineers across multiple skill sets and at all levels of seniority to join our Coinbase Markets team in Chicago. You will be part of a greenfield effort to build out a scalable, low-latency exchange in the Cryptocurrency space, working along other highly talented and collaborative engineers.
- Help drive the Market’s exchange co-located data center environment, including racking, stacking, cabling, power, cooling, and system monitoring.
- Device installation, cabling, power assignment, cabinet layout, cable plant design
- Manage remote/smart hands
- Anticipate needs for growth via short and long term capacity planning
- 2+ years of technical experience in a large-scale data center environment
- Hands-on understanding of data center practices: racking, stacking, cabling, power, cooling, out-of-band-management, and system monitoring.
- Knowledge of network tapping technology and experience cabling passive taps
- Flexible schedule, 24x7x365 on-call coverage
- Network & Linux experience a plus
All members of this team will embody the core Coinbase values of Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Continuous Learning, and Efficient Execution, and will place a strong emphasis on diversity and inclusion.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.