Senior Backend Engineer
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
See all DataFox jobs →
The Role and Team
DataFox is the real-time source of truth on over 2 million companies around the world. Sales, marketing, and finance professionals all rely on DataFox to understand their markets and prioritize which companies they should be targeting.
DataFox is looking for a data-driven, Senior Backend Engineer who can take initiative and think creatively to build and maintain our enterprise product. You will work on our user experience from web application to API to Chrome Extension to integrations in order to extend DataFox’s leadership in automating the grunt work it takes to make business decisions.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
- You'll work closely with PMs and UX engineers to develop APIs that support our many customer facing applications.
- You'll tackle difficult technical challenges from high-volume crawling to machine learning to data matching and deduplication.
- You'll be a mentor and source of learning for less-experienced engineers - though you'll also continue to learn from everyone else.
- You'll do dev ops: engineers deploy and maintain production code!
- You'll learn new tools and languages on the job like NodeJS, Python, SpaCy, Solr, Airflow, Redis, and Ansible.
Are you our next Fox?
- You've gained at least 5+ years work experience as a professional software engineer.
- You write clean, modular code that is scalable and secure.
- You have experience in mentoring less experienced engineers.
- You have experience with a modern web stack (such as Rails, Django, MEAN, LAMP).
- You have built concurrent, distributed systems.
- You take risks and move fast.
- You balance using existing approaches with new solutions to find the right tool for the job.
- You have DevOps experience.
- You have experience with Node.js, MongoDB, or ML/NLP.
- You have experience on a modern frontend framework like Angular, Ember or React.
More about our Skulk...(our group of foxes!)
- We’re a team of about a dozen full-stack engineers. We're building a collaborative, diverse team of people with a passion for automating grunt work. We're hardworking but humble with a focus on constant learning and self development. We're a close-knit skulk but we also have lives outside of work.
- Our team culture is super important; it’s important to be able to work from our office in San Francisco. You can read more about our team culture here and our engineering culture here.
Working at DataFox
We have a beautiful office in downtown San Francisco. Lunch is on us every day (and it’s delicious). We work with some of the brightest teammates and customers in the world, including hundreds of the top of finance and technology companies relying on our data for investment, sales, and marketing.
Our company value are incredibly important; you can read more about our culture here.
While everyone talks about artificial intelligence, at DataFox we actually live it. You will gain exposure to the Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning that powers our product and flows to our end users.
We care about building a team of high-performers, covering each other’s backs, constantly learning, and delighting our customers by solving hard problems. Company insights abound here. If you are interested in businesses and their role in the economy, the world of private equity, or the future of data-driven sales, then you just might love DataFox. If you’re looking to not only see how a quickly growing technology company brings its services to market, but also to see how the rest of the business ecosystem works, then this is the opportunity for you.