Data Scientist - Austin
Headquarters: Austin, TX
See all DELL jobs →
This role focuses on utilizing analytics and data science to enable Dell's business transformation programs through data based decisions and actions.
- You are passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets. You have a strong desire to solve business problems, and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data. You propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you.
- You are expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools. You are accomplished in the use of statistical analysis environments and have experience with BI visualization tools such as Tableau. You’re comfortable with relational databases and are familiar with SQL, Python, and R.
- You desire a fast paced, collaborative and iterative environment. You love learning, data, scale and agility. You excel at making complex concepts simple and easy to understand by those around you. You’re driven to show the world the power of applied analytics.
- You are curious and enjoy diving deep into the data find an answer to a yet unknown question and have a natural desire to go beneath the surface of a problem. You are a thinker who can ask the right business questions.
- Experience in applied business intelligence with a record of success in designing and building large, complex, and horizontally integrated data sets
- Ability to analyze large data sets and formulate recommendations based on the analysis output
- Thinks strategically about uses of data and how to use data to enable business transformation and to drive competitive advantages
- Demonstrates intellectual horsepower in solving complex often ambiguous business problems using data based decision making
- Visualizes and effectively communicates data findings and insights creatively in a variety of formats
- Undergraduate Computer Science, Data Sciences or Engineering degree and 10-15 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience Expertise in driving business results through analytics
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, MS SQL , Tableau (preferred) & Python (preferred)
- Business strategy skills to build the algorithms necessary to ask the right questions and find the right answers
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.