Data Visibility Product Manager - Austin, TX
Visibility is one of the core things an IT Decision Maker (ITDM) needs today to make users more productive with a delightful experience. Visibility into end data, user behavior, app usage, device performance, etc. There are a great deal of new solutions in market that improve collaboration and productivity that lead to a better experience for workers every day. But ITDMs need a software solution that allows them to bring new solutions to their users, while also supporting the requirements of their security teams. We are looking for an extraordinary product manager to lead an effort to bring visibility of Data to ITDMs. Using telemetry we will bring Insights and Analytics that will enable improved workforce productivity with delightful experiences anywhere, at anytime, on any device (computers, phones, tablets, the cloud, and AR/VR), all part of Workforce Transformation.
This individual will come to deeply understand the pain points, needs, and requirements of ITDMs, Security Teams, and Users. Customers will come to look at Dell as a Trusted Advisor and we will provide customers with industry trends as well as a view into their own organization. They will evaluate existing solutions in market and determine their gaps and where the opportunity lies for Dell. They will evaluate TAM and Market Size and perform all the other normal product management research functions, ultimately making a recommendation for features that will make a solution that we should create for our customers and how we should do it. Once approved, they will lead the effort from cradle to grave of bringing a solution to market, working with customers and engineers and partners to build an outstanding solution that will generate lots of revenue and also provide a significantly better experience for workers everywhere, every day. A fabulous and fun opportunity for just the perfect product manager who wants to own creating a solution that will transform the industry.
- Responsible for monitoring industry trends, translating business and technical requirements into an implementable roadmap that delivers innovative solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to innovate, conceptualize and think at a higher strategic level and solve customer pain points while being aware of the technical complexities.
- Partner and lead discussions with customers to understand their pain points, meet with industry analysts and engineers in requirements gathering and reviews.
- Develop competitive analysis and plan responses.
- Take ownership of the solution life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Translate complex technical language into business requirements and customer value
- Work with engineers and development teams to create product requirements documents
- Lead a cross-functional “pod” of people including Marketing, Engineering, Technology, and Sales ensuring strong communication, expectation setting and building consensus for projects
- Manage projects and analyze data and work in an organized and logical manner.
- About 10% domestic travel required.
- At least 6-10 years of enterprise software product management experience in the software technology industry, preferably in end-user computing and/or security
- Product management experience and writing product requirements documents
- Experience developing enterprise technology platform solutions and project management processes experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Computer Science; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Demonstrated awareness of multiple technology disciplines such as application development, end user computing systems, cloud applications and business resiliency
- Bachelors/Masters in Business, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience with developing solutions based on machine learning, telemetry data
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.