Eliassen Group is partnering with a client who is the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and they have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today, they are a nationally recognized brand, a top-ten bank, and a scientific laboratory on a journey to become a leading high-tech company and digital innovator touching millions of customer accounts. Our client is currently seeking a Senior Big Data / Machine Learning Engineer to join their dedicated team.
We will accept corp to corp or w2 contractors. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Responsibilities of the Senior Big Data / Machine Learning Engineer:
- Work cross-functionally in an Agile team to develop innovative software solutions
- Design and build cloud based applications - AWS, Azure, GCP
- Leverage DevOps practices and tools - CI/CD, TDD, Jenkins, Maven, Git, Docker
- Perform comprehensive unit testing and engage in peer reviews to ensure high caliber code
Requirements of the Senior Big Data / Machine Learning Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline
- Around 5 years of programming (Java/Python, C++, Scala, or Golang) and data streaming or data warehousing experience (Spark, Flink, Kafka; Presto, AWS Athena)
- Solid experience developing data pipelines with Apache Spark; Linux-based OS (RHEL); Shell/Python/Perl scripting
- Experience in cloud environments, AWS preferred
- Experience with columnar data stores and MPP