Encodia is an emerging, early stage biotech company developing the next generation of protein analysis tools. We are seeking to recruit an entry level research associate with at least two years of undergraduate research experience in the area of molecular biology or related. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing NGS libraries, executing sequencing runs, maintaining sequencers and liquid handlers, reagent testing and other types of experiments.
- Performing molecular biology lab duties such as NGS library prep, qPCR, gel analysis, operation of liquid handlers, reagent preparation and testing;
- Performing lab maintenance tasks such as ordering laboratory reagents, oligonucleotides and other lab supplies, and keeping detailed lab records;
- Maintaining, troubleshoot and perform day-to-day work on next-generation sequencing equipment (e.g., Illumina MiSeq);
- Performing and documenting test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with laboratory SOPs;
- Assisting with the generation and updating of laboratory SOPs;
- Planning and conducting experiments to develop and validate workflow improvements; and
- Keeping a detailed lab notebook.
B.S. Degree in a relevant biological or chemical science.
- At least 2 years wet lab experience performing molecular biology procedures.
- Previous experience with next-generation sequencing would be an advantage.
- Potential to take on more demanding experimental designs and responsibility after initial training period.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency with basic laboratory calculations, such as dilutions and weights.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and critical problem-solving abilities.
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, Life/AD&D and LTD insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, and a stock plan. If you are passionate for next generation life science and bring your best everyday, and enjoy a dynamic engagement with a bright team of scientists and engineers, then Encodia is the place for you!