Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is hiring a Data Scientist who will be involved in the analysis of unstructured and semi-structured data, including latent semantic indexing (LSI), entity identification and tagging, complex event processing (CEP), and the application of analysis algorithms on distributed, clustered, and cloud-based high-performance infrastructures. You will exercise creativity in applying non-traditional approaches to large-scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high-value use cases visualized through multi-dimensional interfaces. You will handle processing and index requests against high-volume collections of data and high-velocity data streams. You will have the ability to make discoveries in the world of big data.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to successfully obtain a polygraph.
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Bachelor or Master degrees in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology disciplines.
- Domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to facilitate meetings with multi-organizational stakeholders, understanding explicit and implicit deliverables.
- Self starter, proactive in responding to customer needs, ability to work independently and within team environments.
- Experience working with Geospatial/GEOINT or SIGINT data/information.
- Ability to lead and influence.
- Experience with software development, either an open-source enterprise software development stack (Java/Linux/Ruby/Python) or a Windows development stack (.NET, C#, C ).
- Experience with data transport and transformation APIs and technologies such as JSON, XML, XSLT, JDBC, SOAP and REST.
- Experience with Cloud-based data analysis tools including Hadoop and Mahout, Acumulo, Hive, Impala, Pig, and similar.
- Experience with visual analytic tools like Microsoft Pivot, Palantir, or Visual Analytics.
- Experience with open source textual processing such as Lucene, Sphinx, Nutch or Solr.
- Experience with entity extraction and conceptual search technologies such as LSI, LDA, etc.
- Experience with machine learning, algorithm analysis, and data clustering.
- Requires strong technical and computational skills - engineering, physics, mathematics, coupled with the ability to code design, develop, and deploy sophisticated applications using advanced unstructured and semi-structured data analysis techniques and utilizing high-performance computing environments.
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here .