The Master Data Management (MDM) Technical Expert works with business users to identify, scope, analyze and finalize requirements for an MDM implementation. This role pilots and implements MDM projects, which includes but is not limited to house holding, master customer, preference management and products. He/She follows up to complete production MDM implementation and support. Provide guidance and updates to IT Staff during implementation phase cycles.
Requires a strong understanding of data governance policies, standards and processes. The Master Data Management (MDM) Technical Expert must have “hands-on” MDM knowledge and the technical skills in order to support the key customer and location information. Ensure system issues are resolved in a timely manner. Leverage standard Issue, Problem and Change Management ITIL toolset in tracking and providing status on support work activities.
- Monitor and evaluate daily data and customer processes in order to meet the daily SLA for the Customer Master Data Management environment.
- Delivers all phases of the MDM implementation process including requirements analysis, system design, programming, testing, roll-out, maintenance, and operational support.
- Provides subject matter expertise on Master Data Management and ETL Concepts.
- Coordinate the necessary operations documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices.
- Translates business requirements into technical translations of business master data management requirements.
- Creates the necessary documentation to build, administer, and support all test, development, and production environments.
- Drives full MDM project management scope through technical decisions related to master data management.
- Performs a wide range of responsibilities relating to data extraction, data scrubbing, and data transformation, maintenance of metadata and data dictionaries which supports the data flows that provides key customer information from source systems.
- Monitors and maintains all customer data processes such as match/merge, data profiling, standardization and data enrichment.
- Partners in developing the MDM solution architecture.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Information Systems or Business Administration. Master’s Degree in a related field is strongly desired.
- 7 - 10 years with implementation of a MDM solution
- 10 - 15 years of progressive enterprise experience in Data Analysis, Business Intelligence, Analytics, or Data Warehouse solutions using proven solution delivery methodology framework – OR - 5 years of progressive experience in Master Data Management and MDM Hub Implementation (preferred)
- Experience with data warehousing and data mart design and implementation
- Experience with business intelligence tools
- 5 years of hands on working experience to design, develop, deploy and support of an MDM hub
- 3 - 5 years of MDM project deployments and interfacing / communicating with the business teams for requirements and providing recommendations
- Hands on experience of MDM technical architecture, capacity planning, tuning, MDM functionalities, and solutions within MDM
- Hands on experience of security and source system integration in MDM is required
- Master customer and location / address domains of MDM is required
- Working knowledge of extract functionality to downstream systems
- Experience with Extract Transform and Load (ETL) data integration batch processes and API’s
- 3 - 5 years of proven technical expertise with IBM’s InfoSphere Master Data Management and/or DataStage and QualityStage toolsets
- Experience with PL/SQL, Oracle, MDM
- Experience developing multiple cleansing and standardization scenarios using mappings & industry standard products
- Working knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools like Cognos required
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing, data mart design (Dimensional modeling & Star schema) and implementation
- Experience with Big Data and Hadoop preferred
- Experience with advanced analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence related to MDM is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Hands on experience with enterprise MDM software
- Hands on experience with open source MDM solutions
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with data modeling software
Internal Use Only: Band E