At GE Global Research, we’re redefining what’s possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you’ll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you’ll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You’ll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
At GE Global Research we redefine what's possible, finding answers to some of the world's toughest problems. Find out more at http://www.ge.com/research or http://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with our technologists at http://www.edisonsdesk.com and http://twitter.com/GEresearch
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Are you looking to make a meaningful impact? To solve real problems, many different skills need to come together. That is why we come together as a team to solve the toughest and most impactful industrial problems.
Collaborate with Senior Machine Learning Researchers and world-class multidisciplinary teams to address supervised and unsupervised leaning problems in an applied research environment. Implement and test novel machine learning, artificial intelligence and statistical methods (clustering and classification algorithms, deep learning, transfer learning, adversarial learning, active learning, continuous learning, explanation learning, etc) for finding patterns/models from real-world industrial data. Familiarity with large data sets, cloud based development and deployment, open source practices and frameworks and experience in putting intelligent applications in production are desirable.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, test, and deploy machine learning algorithms/solutions to solve industrial problems at GE
- Learn about state-of-the-art ML methodologies and how they can be adapted and improved for industrial applications
- Understand and scope data needs, evaluate data quality, perform and critique appropriate statistical analyses using software such as Python, MATLAB, R, TensorFlow etc. Explore, determine & develop technical approaches to be used and apply them on major challenges
- Interface closely with GE Business counterparts to understand requirements, domain knowledge/models, and data needs
- Effectively communicate technical analyses and results
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Operations Researcher, Engineering or related field
- Sound understanding of foundational machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts
- Hands-on ability to implement, test, and deploy machine learning in an industrial context
- Experience in developing machine learning packages with modern programming languages e.g. Python, R, Scala, Java, MATLAB, C++ etc.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY or San Ramon, CA.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Experience in applying machine learning and artificial intelligence to industrial problems
- Programming experience with languages like Python, Java, .NET, and Cloud computing and with ML libraries like Keras, TensorFlow, or scikit learn
- Working knowledge and experience working with big data technology e.g. Spark, Hadoop and MapReduce
- Interest/Experience in large data sets, cloud based architectures and deployment frameworks for machine learning algorithms
- Strong analytical skills
- Teamwork and customer focus
Locations: United States; New York; Niskayuna
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.