General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.Job Overview
The Lead Controls Engineer is responsible for providing technical and project engineering leadership in support of the electrical and controls portion of corporate led capital projects. This position supports all global platforms and regions.
In this role you will:
- Provide project management leadership on capital project installations with business teams and key stakeholders including scope definition, budget development, resource selection/management and schedule management.
- Provide electrical and controls technical leadership throughout the project life cycle including equipment selection and design, installation and commissioning support and system performance improvement.
- Collaborate with project teams, matrix engineers, and internal/external technical resources to assess opportunities for application of innovative designs, performance improvements, technical advantages, speed to market and capital efficiencies ensuring optimum business value is achieved during capital project activity.
- Requires travel, including some extended time possibilities over weekends and holidays. Travel is variable ranging from 25% to 100% during project execution and start-up, with an overall average of approximately 50%.
- ABET accredited Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; electrical preferred.
- 8+ years of engineering experience with a focus on electrical and control systems.
- Experience in plant operations and industrial environments understanding equipment design and impacts to materials, labor, and work processes.
- Thorough understanding of food safety, human safety and environment policies, processes and compliance.
- Project Engineering experience including scope definition, cost estimation and tracking, Estimate at completion (EAC) estimation and scope management.
- Experience working successfully with teams.
- Demonstrated performance in executing concurrent assignments.
- Strong technical leadership skills in a collaborative fashion.
- Capable analytical problem solver through the use of data and keen judgment.
- Adaptability to maneuver through uncertainty with a high degree of professionalism and candor.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with General Mills (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).