Want to use your skills to significantly improve the daily lives of scientists and employees across R&D so they can help patients? Want to be part of high performing teams containing world class talent? Do you have a passion for developing innovative, cutting-edge solutions to scientific and operational business problems? Then this could be the role for you . . .
The Data CoE has been in existence for over 2 years with the mission to improve R&D decision making through the better use of its data. The group has concentrated on start-up fundamentals including Infrastructure build, Platform delivery, team set-up and early value delivery through use cases. The focus now is driving development of applications and solutions so we can maximise the effective use of available data by users across all of R&D from those reporting the data, those conducting data discovery through to experts in data and computational science. This will require a senior leader with a strategic and technical mindset to drive the future of the solutions teams. If think you have what it takes, then read on further about this fantastic opportunity.
Click here to learn more about why data is so important to GSK, from our CDO Mark Ramsey, and hear from members of the Data CoE.
The Opportunity …
This senior leadership position will manage a team of vendors, product managers and off shore development resources. We're looking for someone with experience in working with large-scale, distributed systems in both relational and Hadoop environments, responsible for developing innovative, cutting-edge analytics to the identified data domain business problems.
You will manage the talent and skill of next generation data solution capabilities, working closely with developers and end users to enable capabilities based on our RDIP Domain roadmap. You'll also sit on the Data CoE leadership team.
Key Responsibilities …
- Lead Solutions Team (10 headcount) on designing, building and deploying data analytical solutions for large datasets through the use of vendor solutions and custom development
- Provide innovative, cutting-edge development leadership in designing and implement complex, cross-product solutions for our targeted business domains focused on metadata, search, data wrangling, data visualization, and complex data computations.
- Provide directional leadership and analytical oversight for a team product managers, engineers, and development resources.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for model development, model validation and model implementation and large scale data analysis
- Develop metrics and prototypes to be used to drive business decisions
- Provide thought-leadership and strategy to the broader R&D organization on the execution of diverse projects, particularly those involving analytical solutions
- Identify emergent trends and opportunities for additional data analytical development
Our Commitment ….
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
We look forward to receiving your application !
Closing date for applications: 4th June 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact email@example.com
- Practical on the job related experience
- Proven direct experience in the use of analytical tools
- A deep knowledge of data analytics and the deployment of solutions within a diverse environment; including experience with machine learning, AI, and application development
- Hands-on experience building retrospective and predictive models including clustering, classification, social network analysis, association to solve business issues;
- Proven leadership skills in managing highly talented, independent thinking people;
- Must have demonstrated business experience in the application of data analytics;
- Proven ability to influence, communicate and negotiate with all levels of management across functional and business unit boundaries (i.e., Managers through R&D Leadership Team members);
- Excellent oral & written communication and presentation skills, with ability to communicate confidently and customize based on level of use and need to build strong relationships that work across the organization.
- Knowledge of and experience in planning and performance management methods and best practices, as well as emerging trends and capabilities in the areas of business improvement (project mgt, change mgt, continuous improvement).
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites, and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
At GSK we are leaders in what we do - our pharmaceuticals business is made up of innovative and established medicines and holds leading positions in respiratory disease and HIV, in 2015 we distributed more than 690 million doses of vaccines to over 150 countries, and our Consumer Healthcare group has a portfolio of some of the world’s most trusted and best selling brands. As a company our mission is to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
To find out more about life at GSK, click here.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.