At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP Labs is an international research organization headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. HP Labs' purpose is to deliver breakthrough technologies and technology advancements that provide a competitive advantage for HP, by investing in fundamental science and technology in areas of interest to HP.
Our Team at HP Labs is spearheading the application of machine learning to existing business units and functions as well as yet-to-be-created businesses within HP. At HP Labs, we conduct research to gain fundamental understanding of ML algorithms and apply these algorithms to HP Data for practical impact.
Some of our research topics include: (1) Modeling of complex physical processes with an eye toward reduced execution time, (2) Visual Perception, (3) NLP, (4) Affective computing (5) real-time control of physical systems, (6) Failure prediction and diagnosis.
If you have deep technical skills, are intensely curious, and like to attack the hardest and most challenging, want to make a difference in the lives of others and want to work in a highly supportive team, then we invite you to apply to join our team.
In this highly visible role, you will:
- Design, implement and evaluate models, and build software prototypes of machine learning systems with board business impact.
- Help lay the technical foundation of new businesses, products and services, and leverage ML to increase the operational efficiency of HP.
- Communicate your results internally and externally in leading research venues
- Have hands-on leadership of small teams or work as an individual contributor to lay the technical foundation of future products and businesses for HP.
- Work in a cross-functional team environment to realize you research
- Ph.D. degree in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Computational Neuroscience or related technical field with a strong publication/practical implementation
- Strong deep learning experience, particularly in application of Neural Network architectures to Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Machine Intelligence and/or Reinforcement Learning
- Strong understanding of data management and model evaluation and training techniques for Neural Networks.
- Experience in one or more deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch, Torch, Caffe, or Tensorflow.
- Publications in highly ranked ML and AI conferences and/or journal publications.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- One or more programming languages: C++/C, Python ,Java, MATLAB
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Research focus on one of the following: Computer Vision, Deep Reinforcement Learning, NLP, ASR, Audio Processing.
- International Reputation in Deep Learning as evidenced by publication record, invited presentations, blogs, etc.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Experience with OpenCV, ROS, etc.
- One of:
- Experience or interest in controlling physical systems using Machine Learning
- Computational Neuroscience modeling experiences
- Interest and ability to make fundamental advances in ML
- Interest at the intersection of computer vision and language
- Strong understanding of classical ML techniques