Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
Hulu’s Big Data Platform team is seeking a senior software development engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a senior software development engineer at Hulu, you will build our next-generation data analytics platform utilizing most advanced big data technologies. The ideal candidate is willing go to the depths to solve complex problems and have the curiosity to explore and learn new technologies for innovative solutions. If you are someone who enjoys answering the difficult data questions and enjoy the start-up play hard/work hard environment , then this is a great role for you.
What You’ll Do
- Design, architect, develop, scale, and improve the service and tools in our unique big data platform for the entirety of Hulu by using both of Cloud and on-premise environments
- Implement solutions using cutting-edge technologies like rewriting and enhancing the Kafka, Presto and help to contribute back to the open source community as well as managing the Couchbase and Memsql
- Invent novel and scalable solutions to challenging big data/ML/AI technical problems, introduce new technologies
- Diagnose and debug issues in production environments
- Collaborate with architects, researchers, program managers, and product managers in an open, creative environment
WHAT TO BRING
- Strong programming (Scala/Java) and shell scripting skills
- Experience with real-time processing infrastructure like Kafka, spark streaming, Couchbase etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in high traffic and scalable distributing computing production systems
- Extensive administration knowledge of Hadoop eco-system such as HDFS, Hive etc
- Strong cloud infrastructure knowledge in one of AWS/Google cloud
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity
- Experience with Couchbase/MEMSQL
- Open-source contributor/committee in one of bigdata/ML/AI project
- Familiar with source code in Kafka and Presto
- Web UI design/development with React