Blockchain Data Scientist
Headquarters: New York, NY
See all IBM jobs →
The IBM Blockchain data scientist provides the thought leadership to define and establish the insight and KPIs needed throughout the client journey to measure and understand client progression and success to drive improvement in the blockchain offerings and experience. In addition he/she should identify and establish event triggers that drive opportunity for nurture at critical points in a client’s journey. The data scientist will also define and establish insight and KPIs required for internal operational and financial needs as well as external communications needs for analysts, press, clients and other external stakeholders. The data scientist will be responsible leading the definition and delivery of the single data backbone created from multiple data sources that provides a single source of truth upon which the analysis is done and insights are drawn. The data scientist will help lead the execution of the entire insight path from defining and assisting in the development metering needed to produce the necessary data to automating data feeds to the analysis tools like Domo to delivery of the dashboards and insights relevant to the various constituencies and stakeholders.
The individual we seek will need to have business process and tools abilities to match the position. A data scientist is a role for quantitatively adept people with accompanying business skills. She/he will have the following characteristics:
- A solid foundation typically in statistics, modeling, operations research, computer science and applications, and math.
- What sets the data scientist apart is strong business acumen, coupled with the ability to communicate findings to both business and IT leaders in a way that can influence how an organization approaches a business challenge.
- Good data scientists will not just address business problems, they will pick the right problems that have the most value to the organization.
- A data scientist is effective at deploying an analytics solution, thereby realizing business value.
- Whereas a traditional data analyst may look only at data from a single source – a CRM system, for example – a data scientist will most likely explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources. The data scientist will extract, transform, and combine all incoming data with the goal of discovering a previously hidden insight, which in turn can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem.
- A data scientist does not simply collect and report on data, but also builds statistical models, determines what it means, then recommends ways to apply the data. Data scientists are inquisitive: exploring, asking questions, doing ""what if"" analysis, questioning existing assumptions and processes.
- Armed with data, modeling expertise, and analytical results, a top-tier data scientist will then communicate informed conclusions and recommendations across an organization's leadership structure focused on strategic and operational objectives.
- Gathers & translates business requirements into deliverables.
- Works with data specialists to acquire and prepare data
- Partners with business to create actionable data visualizations & dashboards
- As a “Domo Master” will
- Develop & delivers training
- Supports end users & resolves data or product issues
- Handle user administration
- Audit data, dashboards, & usage
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Will have a basic working knowledge of blockchain and will be expected to build greater expertise after joining the team.
- Recognize problems related to project objectives. Demonstrate creativity and judgment applied to professional technical, or operational problems. Independently generate solutions, based on analytical skills & business knowledge. Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes to enhance and improve or develop complementary adjustments /solutions.
- Works on special projects, or leads small teams, or manages routine technical/ operational activities or departments (national or international). Understands departmental mission and vision. Provides advice in technical/operational domain of specialization. Generally controls own work priorities and methods requiring tradeoffs.
- Expertise with Domo
- IBM Tools and Systems Needed to Execute – including, but not limited to Medallia, Cognos, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Familiarity with SQL (or aptitude to learn)
- Exposure to data warehouses & other large, complex data structures
- Project Management skills
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.