Senior Open Source Developer - DL/ML/AI Developer and Advocate
It has never been a more exciting time to be a developer..
Companies that embrace open source development and differentiate well will lead, and those who do not will fall behind.
To help IBM's clients lead and further grow IBM's technical eminence in open communities, we are building and expanding an elite team of senior open source developers to democratize artificial intelligence. The team will strive to improve the state of AI in Open source. The team will include deep learning, machine learning, artificial intelligence, data science professionals with a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds, from computer science to physics, who are experienced in open source development.
The team will engage directly in contributing to open source community projects relevant to a wide array of IBM offerings and industries around the globe, and internally to IBM's transformation to a data-driven cognitive enterprise. The elite team of open source developers will work with other IBMers, IBM Research, and open source community members to write great code, in some cases world-changing code, and share their code on Github and on IBM Code website. The team will engage the broader development community, and enable IBM offering managers to solve problems in health care, education, banking, insurance, manufacturing, oil & gas and automotive & robotics industries, to name a few.
1. Write great code in key open source communities
2. Democratize AI by building tools, launching new open source projects, and improving existing core open source frameworks
3. Improve the productivity of developers and domain experts by expanding usage of AI in industries
4. Gain eminence in the community by socializing your work, and speaking at open source developer and IBM events.
5. Work with offering managers and product teams on applications
6. Guide and mentor clients to become self-sufficient open source developers
7. Be authentic; mentor others, and be open to mentoring by others (lifelong learning)
8. Read and comment on more code than you write; fix bugs, test cases, and documentation
Preferred Work Locations: San Francisco
While working across a range of open source communities and interacting with organizations such as the Linux Foundation and Apache Foundation, you will also get to travel the World for speaking at meetings and events, as well as advocating for IBM code patterns as a trusted brand for open source developers.
As a member of the team you will have a T-shaped skill set, having a broad communications skills and deep open source development skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years experience - Computer Science, Data Science
- At least 2 years experience - Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- At least 2 years experience - Open Source Communities, Github, Curating Open Data Sets
- At least 1 year experience - Blogging, Speaking at Events
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 6 years experience - Open Source Community Development
- At least 6 years experience - Python, Java, C, Scala, Swift
- At least 4 years experience - Spark, Jupyter Notebooks, R, Numpy, SciPy
- At least 4 years experience - TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, SciKit Learn, SystemML
- At least 4 years experience – Machine Learning pipeline - data ingestion, feature engineering, modeling including ensemble methods, predicting, explaining, deploying and diagnosing over fitting
- At least 2 years experience - Data curation, building and deploying models in AI applications, Working with offering managers and product teams
- At least 2 years experience - System Programming, Agile development methodologies, demonstrated experience with JIRA
At least 2 years experience - Technical Speaking, Blog Author, Book Author, Business and Leadership,
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.