Magic Leap is seeking an ambitious, self-directing Data Scientist to join the Data Strategy and Management (DSM) team. This role will be responsible for analyzing large sets of disparate data from a variety of internal and external sources, to achieve targeted outcomes and insights. The data scientist will work with a diverse breath of business functions to provide high-impact solutions that drive quantifiable business value through the discovery of new insights. You will work in a fast-paced agile environment providing unique perspectives on data while helping to champion the adoption of data science and advanced analytics across the organization.
- Operate with the ability to guide, influence, and inspire innovation & adoption of data science and advanced analytics solutions and insights.
- Serve as primary technical lead in the design and implementation of solutions leveraging machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Provide unique, independent perspectives to seemingly disparate data with the goal of moving from inquiry to insights.
- Use data-mining tools and techniques to collect, compile, manipulate and transform structured and unstructured data from a wide variety of internal and external data repositories.
- Partner with the business and product teams to identify the most important data-driven questions, define structured use cases, and develop initiatives to provide answers.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative data support to ensure accuracy of characteristics and metrics.
- Logically integrate information from multiple resources and effectively communicates results to department management and business stakeholders.
- Use data visualization tools to develop visuals that can be used to effectively communicate technical findings to a non-technical audience.
- Collaborate within and across teams to improve the ways in which key data streams are captured, managed, and made accessible for analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on experience in predictive modeling and large data analysis.
- Expert level experience in applying statistical methods and data science techniques to analyze data, build predictive models, glean insights and tell stories with data.
- Expert in machine learning methodologies (i.e. supervised learning, unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning)
- Deep experience in natural language processing (i.e. text translation, sentiment analysis, speech recognition)
- Deep experience with AWS cloud stack including: S3 and Redshift.
- Deep experience with R, Python and SQL.
- Experience with quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., predictive modeling, clustering, classification, regression).
- Experience with visualization tools including Tableau.
- Exceptional data analysis, critical thinking, communication, problem solving and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Record of delivering large analytical solutions with big business impact.
- Ability to address abstract business and engineering problems with extreme precision.
- Experience with enterprise-class data catalog and data profiling tools including Alation and Paxata.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or Operations Research preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.