Magic Leap is seeking an experienced software engineer to join the automation and robotics team. This individual should be able to quickly internalize complicated systems and engineer solutions to challenging problems.
We are a multidisciplinary team so this candidate should feel comfortable working alongside electrical, software, and mechanical engineers. This engineer should be a self-starter with a knack for delivering efficient solutions that quickly solve the problem at hand. An ideal candidate will also be a huge fan of AR/VR technology. The main focus of this role will be to design, prototype, and deliver novel robotics and software solutions to support all Magic Leap teams.
- Architect new software features and data analysis tools
- Lead software development for algorithm test and automation
- Design complex studies involving computer vision, robotics, and data science, and artificial intelligence concepts
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of robotics, data science, and / or computer vision experience
- Extensive experience in Python and C++
- Work with Magic Leap teams to conceptualize, define, design, code, and test robotic applications
- Ability to design experiments to solve open critical problems
- Experience in hands-on robotics applications and expertise in one or more of the following: computer vision, SLAM, machine learning, motion planning, and control
- Experience with data structures and advanced algorithms
- Experience with ground truth systems, such as Vicon
- Experience with KUKA robots and Sunrise OS
- Experience with OpenGL or Unity
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience in advanced data analysis
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics, or equivalent
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.