GroupM's new technology platform unit, [m]PLATFORM, is looking for Data Scientists to join our team. [m]PLATFORM is an advanced technology suite of flexible media planning applications, data analytics and digital services. The platform will improve advertisers’ ability to use audience-defining insights from hundreds of data sources to find and communicate with their consumers across all media.
[m]PLATFORM makes it possible for media planners at GroupM agencies to use the most detailed consumer data to achieve results for their clients. It is supported by a team of data scientists, technologists and digital practitioners from across GroupM specialist companies.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be responsible for tasks around data understanding and data enablement. This reaches from hypotheses testing, data experiments, and predictive and prescriptive analysis, over development of modeling algorithms and prototypes, to data integration and ETL design.
This role will be based in New York, reporting into the Global Head of Data Science, and closely partner with product management and engineering. We are also considering experienced Data Scientists for a mid-level opportunity.
You will work on global projects in the creation of innovative software solutions that are based on data intelligence for [m]PLATFORM. You will collaborate with a group of fast-paced, extremely dedicated coworkers who are all passionate about digital media and technology. You will often find groups in casual brainstorming sessions sharing ideas and strategies for new initiatives. Work with a team that is constantly innovating. Everyone has a voice and we are open to new ways of thinking – your opinion is encouraged and valued.
- Mentor and develop a growing data science team
- Complex data analysis, hypothesis testing, data preparation, product prototyping and development of prognostic models for the platform based on modern statistical methods.
- Support the development team and product management team in [m]PLATFORM development efforts including consultative partnering, collaboration, sharing plans, information and resources.
- Identify problem areas and develop plans to overcome any issues to ensure that the project of it is achievable.
- Contribute to the development of the data science prototype framework
- Use systems and internal processes efficiently and integrate these in daily work. Fulfill high IT literacy and technical and specialist requirements for further deployment of the framework.
- Be part of a lean yet highly effective agile organization. Demonstrate an ability to do more with less, with a history of identifying and exploiting opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- Minimum PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, etc plus 5+ years experience.
- Experience in data analysis and multivariate statistics.
- Deep understanding of physics, mathematics, computer science or similar, or several years of research and application experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Reinforcement Learning.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong statistical knowledge, as well as interest in applying them to complex problems
- Familiarity with Java, Scala and Python
- Expertise in statistical programming languages such as R
- Understanding of Big Data architectures and solutions such as Spark, Hadoop and/or column oriented SQL databases.
- Experience working in startups, startup divisions, or newly launched technology organizations, a plus.
Excellent communication skills