The Enterprise Center of Excellence in Analytics is a group of data scientists whose goal is to provide mathematically and statistically based insight to major decision-based processes at Metlife. As a Data Scientist II, your job will be to deliver on advanced analytical efforts in project based work, producing quality results in the fields of Descriptive, Predictive, and Prescriptive analysis. This work can include:
- Error and Outlier analysis
- Data imputation
- Unstructured data/Contextual Analysis
- Metric creation and evaluation
- Regression and other predictive analytics
- Time Series Forecasting
- Production builds of predictive analytics
Additionally, as an Enterprise data scientist, you will work to building collaboration across countries, creating best practices for common analytical projects, and delivering value across the globe.
- Understand business needs and create well defined analytical engagements to drive value.
- Work on analytics teams dedicated to project work providing measurable ROI to the company.
- Build best advanced analytics solutions around common business needs across the world.
- Convert statistical model information into business insights.
- Contribute to collaboration and awareness in global analytics community.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelors or Masters in Quantitative Field (Physics, Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, etc.)
- 2 years of experience as a data scientist/analytical consultant or similar delivery position (>1 year experience for Masters)
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.