Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
See all ModCloth jobs →
ModCloth is an innovative, digitally native lifestyle brand committed to inspiring individual style and helping our community of customers be the best version of themselves. Our products are vintage inspired and feature feminine silhouettes and bright, colorful prints. ModCloth designs and sells its own signature line of apparel in a full range of sizes, and curates a unique assortment of fashion and home decor from more than one hundred independent designers.
ModCloth is looking for a passionate, creative data scientist professional to join our Data & Analytics team. You will have the unique opportunity to work with massive business and social data generated by ModCloth’s unparalleled online and offline commerce. You will be responsible for building and leveraging cutting-edge machine learning, data mining, and optimization techniques to design and implement robust, scalable predictive models and analytics solutions. You will be a part of a cross-functional team of scientists, analysts, engineers, product managers, and business professionals that sit at the intersection of data science, big data, IT infrastructure, and business operations.
This role is vital to creating a positive, engaging, and unique experience for our customers. The Data Scientist will help to build our Advanced Analytics & Data Science team and launch our effort to build a data-centric culture with data-driven products.
We Want To Answer Questions Like
ModCloth wants to create an in-house analytics team that leverages market, industry and customer-driven data to empower business decisions and deliver critical insights, metrics, and tools that continually improve upon our ability to provide actionable guidance to our business leaders.
What business decisions drive the best outcomes?Why do users conduct activities in a particular sequence and does it matter?What underlying trends exist that will impact the industry in the next 12-36 months?Is there a clear set of behaviors that make a company great?What drives member engagement?
and of course...
We are on a mission to build an eco-system that is run on data! If you have the skills and passion for providing data analysis and building data-driven products to drive that mission, then we want you to be our next Data Scientist!
What You'll Do...
- Perform hands-on data exploration, processing, and analysis on massive data sets.
- Use machine learning, deep learning and data mining techniques to develop robust predictive models across multiple business functions; examples include omni-channel personalization, dynamic content distribution, and brand sentiment models.
- Pull data from warehouse, perform feature engineering, back-test models, compare model performances and communicate the results to stakeholders.
- Research and develop state-of-the-art algorithms that address complex business problems.
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in any STEM field plus one to two years of related experience.
- Technical expertise in data mining, machine learning, and statistical analysis.
- Proficient in machine learning and data mining packages in Python.
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, or Spark). Expertise with shell scripting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
- Good communication skills, ability to work with cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical members.
We’re building a new kind of company and culture, and we’re building it from the inside out. We are investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world. Everything we do is grounded in our core values: integrity, empathy, intellectual honesty and spirit of creativity & innovation.