NAUTO is an autonomous car startup on a mission to make cities safer and more efficient with better drivers. We're looking for engineering and business professionals who love to design, build and scale real-time distributed systems to join our growing team in Palo Alto.
Merging artificial intelligence with computer vision, Nauto’s systems detect and react to what’s happening on the road ahead of a driver and within the vehicle. Nauto algorithms sense when there is an issue on the road ahead, or a distraction within the vehicle, and helps the driver respond. Nauto also automatically understands when a collision is about to happen, and records the scene inside and outside of the car then. Images and data about the incident are stored in the cloud, and can be shared via Nauto’s app and fleet management tools.
The company's systems are already running on several classes of high-volume commercial vehicles. Longer term, Nauto will continue to partner with auto manufacturers to evolve its systems from an onboard safety AI into a platform that accelerates the development of autonomous vehicles.
Investors in Nauto’s recently announced massive $159M B-round included Softbank, Greylock, Andy Rubin’s Playground Global, Draper Nexus as well as leading strategics including BMW, GM, Toyota, and Allianz Insurance.
- Support Engineering by identifying suppliers that meet our cost and quality requirements.
- Issue RFQs to multiple suppliers for multiple commodities.
- Review, analyze and clarify quote packages from suppliers.
- Identify and negotiate commercial cost reduction opportunities with existing suppliers.
- Negotiate cost changes related to product design changes.
- Work with SQE to identify “qualified” suppliers and drive continuous quality improvement.
- Develop commodity sourcing strategies and sourcing efficiencies.
- Maintain day-to-day supplier/JDM relationships; point of contact for all supplier commercial issues.
- Respond to supply shortages that are outside Material Planning’s control.
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain in a fast paced, innovative environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in both English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- Knowledge of and experience with global supplier development & management and cost management
- Proven track record of meeting challenging organizational objectives
- Drive for results
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work well with engineering staff
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built to get around safely. We’re not just another app, we’re moving real people and goods and helping to reinvent transportation and logistics
- Beautiful modern work space. Many perks including cafe with meals, snacks and drinks provided
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment