We are a VC-funded retail tech startup on a mission to lead the agile retail revolution.
Our cloud-based platform improves inventory allocation and store operations for e-commerce and physical retailers through the use of prescriptive analytics, optimization and artificial intelligence. Ultimately, we help retailers better align supply and demand and as a consequence, dramatically improve how consumers find and buy products.
We work with leading fashion and cosmetics retailers including Kiko Milano, Stefanel, Gocco and Melon Fashion Group, to optimize their stock worldwide.
In an exciting moment for the company as we’re entering the US market launching our NYC office, we’re looking for a Business Development Manager to lead sales in the US. We are looking for type S(tartup) personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive without any exceptions. As an ideal candidate, you are creative and resourceful, tech-savvy and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
- Coordinating all sales activities in the US including, but not limited to, building business cases, mapping out all key accounts, prospects, generating and pre-qualifying leads, managing those relationships, understanding and helping them to solve their individual issues, acquiring them as clients, as well as building upon current client relations
- Recruiting and managing BD Associates and Account Managers as our US operations grow
- Supporting the US Country Manager and working together with the US Marketing Manager in executing Nextail’s strategy in the US
- Coordinating sales efforts with the Business Development, Partnerships and Marketing teams based in our HQ in Madrid
- Detecting industry trends and new needs in the sector to prioritize new developments with our Product Operations and Customer Success teams
- 3-5+ years of Business Development experience in an advanced B2B startup of 100+ people, ideally providing AI / advanced analytics solutions to retailers as clients
- Very strong sales performance and proven record of successfully acquiring clients and exceeding sales targets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Experience recruiting, working with and managing junior sales / BD reps
- Ability to work independently and well in a high-pressure and rapidly changing environment with very demanding sales goals
- Type S(tartup) personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working & proactive (no exceptions)
- Availability for frequent travel
- Connections in fashion / retail are a plus, but not a must