Sr. Software Engineer
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Tampa, FL. The software engineer will join a team of engineers and data scientists that address USD(I) challenge problems.
DoD is shifting investment into the future of machine learning and artificial intelligence across the Defense Intelligence Enterprise to reimagine and revolutionize the intelligence process. In order to achieve this, Training Quality Data (TQD) must be harvested from current data holdings, data gaps must be characterized into targeting/collection requirements and synthetic data must be generated.
Novetta is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to architect and build solutions to harvest, process, store, archive and recall this data. This individual will influence the data requirements for the DoD.
As a member of a fast-paced team, the ideal candidate will
· Identify important and interesting questions surrounding our customer's challenges, then translate those questions into concrete analytical tasks;
· Develop strategies to extract, resolve, and unify information of various types from numerous data sources;
· Organize and mine massive data sets of both structured and unstructured data;
· Provide thought-leadership in the area of analytics/data science.
· Work with a diverse team of engineers, computer scientists, data scientist and analysts;
· Must possess an active Secret clearance and able to obtain a Top Secret and SCI clearance
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
· 5+ years of experience in Java (pref), C++, or other similar level object-oriented programming language
· 2+ years of experience with Hadoop, Spark or other similar distributed processing framework
· Familiarity with Python, Linux, Version control systems (git)
· Ability to handle more than one project concurrently; establish priorities
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills including experience:
○ Managing risk and customer expectations
○ Delivering capabilities to non-technical users or analysts
○ Working effectively in teams and mentoring junior engineers
○ Maintaining awareness of market trends and technology opportunities to incorporate into solutions
and handling multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing, delegating and setting clear expectations
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science or similar field
· Interest in:
○ Latent semantic analysis and natural language processing
○ Interactive Visualizations
○ Statistical analysis
○ Graph/Network theory
○ Scientific or statistical programming languages such as Matlab, Octave, or R (must include SciPy, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, Pandas)
○ Commercial or government cloud solutions (AWS, Openstack, etc)
○ Visualizations (Graph databases [Neo4J, Arrango, OrientDB], geospatial[ArcGIS, OpenGeo])
○ Entity Resolution
· Comfortable with:
○ Recommending strategies for design implementation during the development process
○ Setting customer or team expectations in regards to project timelines
○ Algorithm development
· Must possess an active US Government TS/SCI security clearance.
So what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
Get a referral bonus for the great people you know! With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to win outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.