Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking a Machine Learning Research Engineer to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Responsibilities include:
- Implement, configure and test machine learning and deep learning libraries / APIs / platforms (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, MXNet; Amazon Sagemaker; scikit-learn, MLlib, fast.ai)
- Implement and evaluate machine learning methods and techniques for regression, classification, clustering, and dimensionality reduction (e.g. PCA, SVM, GBM, Naive Bayes Classifiers, Ensembles)
- Build visually-appealing, web-enabled prototype applications that illustrate machine learning capabilities
- Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art machine learning techniques, methods, platforms, including commercial and open source
- Obtain, manage, and process text, audio, image and video datasets
- Write reports and presentations that clearly communicate complex machine learning concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Python (scikit-learn a plus)
- Experience with machine learning or statistics in academic (including competitions or independent projects), internship, or employment environments
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- High levels of curiosity, creativity, and problem solving capabilities
- Desire to learn about, develop, and apply cutting edge machine learning techniques to novel problems
- BS in computer science, applied mathematics, computational neuroscience, or comparable technical field
- Research experience in Machine Learning specific to NLP, Computer Vision, or deep learning
- Experience managing data and creating algorithms using cloud services such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Experience with R, Java, or other programming languages
So what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
Get a referral bonus for the great people you know! With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to win outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.