Application Security Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As an Application Security Engineer at Palantir, you are at forefront of a unique and novel threat environment, guaranteeing our solutions are available and secure at scale. You are passionate about security research and are motivated by both finding novel attacks and building a secure engineering organization.
As a member of the Information Security team, you'll work with software engineers to improve the security of Palantir products across the development lifecycle. You'll get to apply your breaker skills, pentesting Palantir's products, and sharpen your builder skills, working to automate security assessments and shape software architecture.
- Perform deep-dive penetration tests of Palantir products.
- Plan, build and deploy infrastructure to help catch vulnerabilities automatically.
- Assist engineering teams in feature design, threat modeling, and security-critical code review.
- Coordinate external vendors providing 3rd party security reviews.
What We Value
- Ability to communicate technical security concepts to diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Deep expertise with application test methodologies and tooling (eg. Burp).
- Strong familiarity with OWASP Top 10 web vulnerabilities and how to engineer software to avoid them.
- Working knowledge of at least one of Java, Golang, Python or Ruby.
- Experience applying static and/or dynamic analysis in application testing.
- Ability to evaluate cryptography choice and implementation.
- Passion for automating application security testing and the strengths/weaknesses of test automation.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.