Head of Application Security
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Security of our products and platform is existential to Palantir and the world-changing work we do. To address the growing needs of our organization, we are expanding the Application Security team, a branch of our Information Security team. As the Head of Application Security, you will work alongside architects and engineers to design secure software solutions for both on-prem and cloud infrastructure. You will be responsible for driving the vision and implementation of the Application Security Team at Palantir, to include implementation of industry best practices, developer engagement/advocacy, and influence on product design and architecture.
As a member of the Information Security team, you'll work with software engineers to improve the security of Palantir products across the development lifecycle. You'll get to apply your breaker skills, pentesting Palantir's products, and sharpen your builder skills, working to automate security assessments and shape software architecture.
- Grow and mature the Application Security Engineering program and team.
- Provide in-depth security expertise and guidance for product engineers and architects.
- Champion Application Security both within the organization, and with our customers.
- Develop sustainable automation and metrics to track Application Security success at scale.
What We Value
- Significant experience (5+ years) as an engineering lead.
- Passion to mentor and grow engineers and advocate security awareness.
- Ability to communicate technical security concepts to diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong understanding and experience with at least one cloud provider (e.g. AWS/Azure/GCE).
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.