Data Scientist, Business Analytics
Headquarters: San Francisco
See all Patreon jobs →
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Data Scientist, Business Analytics to join our Data Science Team which makes it easy to make Patreon better.
We work fast and emphasize impact. We inform product, team, and company strategy with data-driven research and analytics. Our work culture is highly autonomous. You choose the projects that excite you most, surface user and business insights, and collaborate with the rest of the company to ensure that everyone makes great decisions, informed by data.
What you will do:
- Design and conduct analyses across a diverse set of areas within our operations teams. You’ll support Marketing, Partnerships, Creator Partnerships (our version of a Sales function), Community Happiness (our version of a Support function), Creator Care (our version of an Account Management function), and our People Team with the data they need to make decisions.
- Partner with teams across the company to define their KPIs and track their progress effectively.
- Build a culture of data-driven decision making at Patreon.
- Dive into data to illuminate trends and answer big questions about our users, our growth, and our projects.
- Constantly improve our team practices and efficiency.
- Work with people from all walks of life.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have 2+ years experience helping teams make great decisions with data. You’ve solved problems that combine your analysis skills with marketing, finance, customer success, or sales.
- You have solid analytical thinking -- you ask the right questions and can frame data correctly.
- You are an expert communicator with a love for clarity.
- You are comfortable querying large datasets.
- You are an expert in modeling and manipulating data in Excel and have familiarity with a statistical language such as Python or R.
- You have a knack for data visualization and can crisply communicate complicated information in charts and dashboards.
- You thrive in collaborative environments and love helping others understand the meaning behind data.
Impact you will have:
- You will support the teams that empower creative businesses around the world to grow and thrive.
- You will be able to focus on the problems that you feel will foster your best personal career growth.
- You will have a fantastic time building analyses that help us find new ways to get creators paid.
- You will own projects from end to end, working on the whole stack without depending on others.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?