AI Automation Engineer
As a member of the Artificial Intelligence Center of Excellence (AI CoE) a component of Pfizer’s Business Technology Global Business Intelligence organization, this AI Engineering role will join a group dedicated to leveraging data and advanced analytics to create a healthier world. Specifically, this role will be focused on developing a set of capabilities designed to enable value generation through the use of a digital labor force.
Day-to-day, the role will lead delivery efforts (e.g. hackathons, proto-typing) and provide technical leadership to groups across Pfizer focused on identifying, developing, and delivering substantial opportunities for automation through the use of intelligent robotic process automation (RPA). Further, this role will provide technical leadership to the team’s on-going service development activities; an essential component to creating a scalable AI capability for Pfizer.
In addition, as one of the technologists within Pfizer’s analytic & AI-oriented eco-system; this role will also often play a leadership role in the assessment of new technologies as well as identifying next-generation solution architectures.
- Work closely with teams across Pfizer to maximize the use of automation technologies in acceleration of drug discovery efforts, optimization of clinical trial activities, improving patient access to Pfizer therapies, maximizing the value of our interactions with patients, healthcare providers, payers, and regulatory agencies, and improving the operation of internal functions (e.g. Compliance, HR, Finance).
- Lead rapid-prototyping engagements focused on assessing use case viability and gauging potential business impact
- Provide technical leadership in the delivery of automation pipelines that include components related to data acquisition, process execution, and feature-rich instrumentation.
- Define & champion common AI-enabled solution architecture for use across the enterprise
- Partner with AI CoE Insights team to identify, develop, and deploy intelligent components required for AI-enabled automation.
- Partner with AI CoE Platform Technology teams to identify, deploy, and manage technical components & integration points critical for delivery of automation-oriented AI services.
- Partner with GBI Support & Operations teams to identify, deliver, and manage enhancements to BTAMS to effectively operate a large-scale automation portfolio.
- Partner with other Business Technology teams to define and execute technology POCs focused on automation
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Graduate degree in either a management or technical discipline (MBA, MS MIS, MS Information Management, MS CS, etc.) is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience implementing complex Data Integration, BI, or RPA solutions in a large organization and in multiple functional constructs is essential.
- Experience developing automation processes with enterprise-scale RPA platforms (e.g. Blue Prism)
- Prior experience with Pfizer's BT organizations preferred
- Experience with Pfizer’s core business processes & systems
- Experience with statistical modeling; specifically supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning techniques
- Experience with algorithms related to text analytics and network analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL, Python, Scala, or JAVA as well as formal statistical tools R, SAS, etc.
- Ability to create technical examples, prototypes, and demonstrations based on rapidly changing data sets
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment; with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse audience
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
~10% travel to other Pfizer locations
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.