Are you passionate about learning? Do you have a passion for mixing Bioinformatics with Technology? Are you a hand on learner? This position focuses on analyzing NGS data sets with an emphasis on custom targeted panels. Develop a CLIA compliant pipeline for the processing of sequencing data. The ability to develop, evaluate and implement new techniques will be essential.
- You will analyze VCF files from targeted sequencing (Illumina platform) generated for internal and external partnerships
- Evaluate and improve community/open source tools for variant data analysis, including developing reports encompassing SNP analysis and INDEL.
- Develop or extend in-house workflow to streamline NGS data analysis workflow and visualization
- PhD in bioinformatics or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years post-doctoral / professional experience
- Phenomenal familiarity with NGS analysis techniques (DNA-, RNA-, and Custom Panel design)
- Experience with setting up a pipeline analysis for NGS sequencing data
- Experienced user of shell scripting, R Programming Language, Python, Java, and the setting up of analysis pipelines
- Adept at applying different statistical tests appropriately to different datasets
- Location: The SF Bay area preferred. (Open to other location, in which case, there will be 20% travelling requirement to the HQ in the SF Bay area.)
- Familiar with regression modelling and development of prediction algorithms (Nice to have)
- Experience working within a clinical environment as well as working with partners (Nice to have)
- International reputation in bioinformatics (evidenced by peer reviewed publications) (Nice to have)
About Projectline Services:
Projectline Services, a division of Projectline Inc., delivers on-demand consulting and resourcing services around the world from our offices in Seattle, Philadelphia, Toronto and beyond. Our consultants offer deep expertise in marketing, program management, sales support, and operations.
Projectline has been recognized as a great place to work. The awards keep coming in: We were named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Seattle Business Magazine, included in the Inc 5000 list for five years in a row, and have won a place on the Seattle Met magazine list of Best Places to Work twice. If you are looking for a place where you can grow your consulting career with a list of blue-chip clients, contact us.
Our mission is to positively impact the people we work with, the people we work for, and the communities we live in. We support our mission by providing an inclusive environment where all are empowered to share their diverse perspectives and experiences so we can ultimately be better together.
Learn more at: www.projectlineservices.com
Follow us at: https://twitter.com/projectline