Qordoba is building a new way to think about the most important part of User Experience - the words used inside software applications. Our product helps product development teams create world-class user experience without having the engineering team update the UI. We use machine learning and advanced natural language processing to help teams continuously improve and update their content, making it more effective and creating best in class user experience.
Passionate advocates for our product include customers such as Intuit, Postmates, Cloudflare, Visa, Medallia, Marriott, GitHub, Cisco, Sephora, SocialTables and Nutanix. Qordoba was recently named to Forbes’ coveted Cloud100 Rising Stars list and is backed by Aspect Ventures and Upfront Ventures.
We are looking for extraordinary colleagues to join us as we build a large, enduring company that becomes a permanent part of the product development stack.
About the role:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Data Scientist to join our San Francisco team. This is an excellent opportunity for a curious and enthusiastic Data Scientist who wants to contribute to a product at the forefront of natural language processing. The ideal candidate is eager to join a diverse, fast-growing team that fosters a fun and growth-oriented office culture.
Fun facts about our team & the Data Science role:
- We turn datasets into testable hypotheses
- Our models have real-world use cases with impactful results for enterprise customers
- Believe that Automation > Manual tasks
- We love to translate predictive models into writing guidance
- Design and implement machine learning models and validate model performance in the real world, using feedback from thousands of power users
- Lead development of in-production model deployment pipeline
- Build custom data models using NLP
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to create custom models that fit our customers’ needs
- 3+ years experience working in data science or relevant work capacity
- Proficient with data mining and machine learning
- Hands-on experience in deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Masterful at Docker and RESTful API development process
- Familiar with big data frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark in Java/Python/Scala
- Knowledge of distributed system and parallel computing is a plus
- Master’s degree or above in computer science, computational linguiststics, natural language processing, natural language generation, mathematics or related field
Relevant NLP Skills:
- Syntactic & semantic parsing
- Text classification and clustering
- Search indexing
- Question answering and query understanding
- Data analytics and error analysis
- Machine learning with experience in NLP
- Machine Translation and Compilers