- Develop new signal processing/machine learning algorithms for speech and audio data in Matlab/C
- Tailor algorithms to particular use cases and implement in corresponding prototypes in collaboration with software/hardware engineers; file corresponding IP
- Combine audio/speech feature set with other modalities such as sensors and video
- After successful demos to technical and non technical audiences, work with commercialization teams to transfer and deploy newly developed technology solutions onto QCOM platforms
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2+ years Systems Engineering or related work experience.
- Familiarity with recent trends in machine learning such as deep neural nets (DNN, CNN, LSTM-RNN) and traditional statistical modeling/feature extraction techniques (GMM, HMM, NMF / spectrograms, MFCC etc) for voice recognition and audio event classification
- Hands-on experience in and good theoretical understanding of signal processing concepts such as adaptive filtering, multi microphone processing, acoustic noise cancellation, filterbank design with application to time series signals
- In addition to signal processing algorithm development, willingness to engage in hands-on R&D in machine learning and modeling of speech/audio data (neural nets, GMM, NMF, etc)
- Coding experience in Matlab, C
- Working in cross disciplinary, geographically-dispersed teams
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering