Headquarters: Eden Pkwy, La Grange, KY
See all Rawlings Group jobs →
Under the direction of DMG Management and/or the AVP of Data Mining, this person will be part of a cross-functional team building and delivering innovative products. This position will allow the team member to identify complex problems, review related information, research alternatives and develop solutions to unique problems. The ideal candidate is someone that is not afraid to ask questions and raise issues when they identify them. This candidate would also have a natural tendency to absorb business specific information, and to propose experiments that will allow the business to validate assumptions and make better-informed decisions. This candidate must also have excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex technical topics in approachable business language as this position is likely to involve direct partnerships with business leadership.
- Business Partnership: Translates business needs into established business goals and measures of success. Delves deeply into a varying array of large data sources, determining the appropriate data for the analysis to be performed, discovering issues, identifying potential uses, and preparing for analysis.
- Data Management: Works with and streamlines established data warehouses, initiates new development of databases, production data, and available tools to build strategic datasets in support of key initiatives. Establishes and systematically performs processes to assess and validate data accuracy.
- Advanced Analytics: Under limited supervision, ascertains and executes plans to build, implement and maintain predictive models using available tools and programming languages. Monitors and provides feedback on model performance and recalibrates model as necessary.
- Project Management: Independently gathers requirements from appropriate business partners for project, including necessary data for analysis to be performed. Develops project plans, executes on deliverables within agreed upon timeframes, manages deadlines, communicates progress and makes recommendations to address issues.
- Communication: Communicates results and subsequent implications to peers and business partners, summarizing analysis findings, in order to build a business case.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to build and maintain solid working relationships across the organization.
- Excellent problem solving, time-management, and task prioritization skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to explain issues and concepts, either verbally or in writing.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Team Oriented and able to work well with all levels of employees.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and easily transition from one project to another.
EXPERIENCE - MUST HAVE
- At least 1 year of professional experience with a relational database management system (i.e. SQL)
- At least 1 year of professional (business or academic research) experience in Python or R with a primary focus of applying predictive analytics to very large datasets. (i.e. predictive modeling, machine learning)
- Advanced Degree in analytically based field, including, but not limited to, a Master’s Degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics.
- The ability to work at our Facility and maintain our regular work schedule of Monday through Friday, 8:00 am- 5:00 pm.
- The ability to perform other duties as assigned
- EXPERIENCE - WOULD LIKE TO HAVE
- At least 1-year of experience in the insurance or healthcare industry.
- PhD in an advanced analytical field.
At least a Master’s Degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science (or related fields) and a minimum of 1 year experience. PhD, plus at least 1 year of experience, preferred.