Reserve is a blockchain-based project that is developing a cryptocurrency that is supposed to be pegged to the U.S. dollar, called a stablecoin. It will be inexpensive to send and provide users access to the benefits of cryptocurrencies without the volatility. While we expect that Reserve will be valuable to traders and app developers inside the crypto ecosystem, we’re most excited about it replacing inflationary currencies and dysfunctional banks. And with the currencies in Venezuela, Argentina, Turkey, and elsewhere approaching hyperinflation, now seems like the right moment for people to choose something new.
Decentralized currencies have the opportunity to change global financial and monetary institutions for the better. If you’re excited by this idea, we would love to hear from you.
If you'd like to learn more about what we're working on, check out this recent interview of our CEO Nevin Freeman on the podcast Hidden Forces https //www.hiddenforces.io/podcast/show/hard-prob....
Blockchain finance is an enormously high-stakes adversarial environment; hundreds of millions of dollars of assets have been stolen so far. We have to assume that any security vulnerability we have will eventually be exploited. You will take on the critical challenge of meticulously reviewing all our systems for vulnerabilities and then fixing them. Here are some responsibilities you’ll take on for that goal
- Working hard to break our systems.
- Researching known security vulnerabilities in the systems we use.
- Selecting and working with security assessment firms to evaluate our smart contracts.
- Helping our team maintain operational security.
Who you are
- You work from the security mindset.
- You have demonstrable experience finding and fixing security vulnerabilities.
- Experience with binary exploitation.
- Experience with in-depth application security.
- You have worked in a tightly coordinated team, and know how to sync closely with team members.
- You're a fit for our eccentric culture (read more about it here).
- Competitive compensation with the ability to customize cash versus equity.
- A beautiful office with views overlooking Lake Merritt. Excellent restaurants and coffee shops right down the street.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Free gym membership (the gym is 1 block away).
- Well stocked kitchen (you’ll never run out of LaCroix).