Who We Are
Founded and continuously led by inventor and entrepreneur Tony Aquila, Solera is a global leader in digital technologies that connect and secure life's most important assets: our cars, homes and identities. Since its inception in 2005 as a garage-based startup, Solera has grown aggressively with over 50 acquisitions across its platforms. The company's current product solutions include Audatex, Autodata, AutoPoint, CAP/HPI, Colimbra, Digidentity, Enservio, Explore Data, Hollander, Identifix, Inpart, LYNX and TitleTec, as well as the company's flagship Digital Garage application. Today, Solera processes over 300 million transactions annually for approximately 235,000 partners and customers in over 80 countries. Unified by a strong culture that values uncommon entrepreneurial thinking and continuous "do-it-different" innovation, Solera's global workforce of 6,700+ associates come from diverse forward-thinking industries that include automotive technology, artificial intelligence, software development, data sciences, cybersecurity, cognitive design, and digital identity protection. For more information, please visit solera.com.
This position (Dallas, TX) is with Solera Global Data & Content team headquartered in Dallas, TX and Madrid, Spain. Our team is responsible for making sense of data and providing insights to various business groups within the company. We use foundational open source technologies to move Solera forward.
For more information go to: soleragdc.com http://www.solera.com/careers/
The Solera Way
Solera’s uncommon culture is based on three simple principles: Think 80/20 (Focus), Act 30/30 (Efficiency), and Live 90/10 (Accountability). We define our mindset using Our 3H’s: Humility, a Hunger to succeed, and a desire to Hunt for opportunities to win. We train our volunteers to engage with each other modulating between their intellect (IQ) and emotional intelligence (EQ) using our 3Fs: Facts, Finesse, and Force. Solera has become a global technology leader that is constantly growing in the double digits. The principles, drills, and values associated with the Solera Way have been fundamental to Solera’s success and our ability to grow, continuously change, and innovate.
Are You Uncommon?
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Big Data Developer who ranks in the top quartile among their peers. Someone who has a highly competitive and entrepreneurial mindset that is wired with a team-first attitude, has no problem rolling up their sleeves to execute their missions, and can modulate between leading and following as needed. You will serve as the Big Data Developer. The role is based at Solera offices in Westlake (Dallas / Fort Worth area). This role exists within a team that develops global solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing
At Solera, we believe in providing clarity and focus to what our volunteers are responsible for – their mission. The 80’s, as we call them at Solera, are the employee’s priorities associated with their role or mission. The mission 80’s for this role, are:
- Design, prototype and integrate the big data architecture for batch and streaming use cases, based on the Hortonworks Hadoop distribution
- Leading the technical team by example, handicrafting new architectural elements to investigate potential implementations
- Design and optimize data structure, sourcing, cleansing and normalization, blending the best technologies with the business context and needs
Are You Qualified?
- Proficient in Linux/Unix environment
- The position requires at least 5 years of experience in software development
- 2 years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop stack, Kafka, Spark
- Deep knowledge of Java or Scala
- Extensive knowledge of Design Patterns and SOLID principles
- Strong data modelling skills
- Experience with Relational databases and knowledge of NoSQL
- Continues Integration/Delivery/Deployment tools and methodologies: Maven, GIT, Nexus, Bamboo/Jenkins, Sonar...
- Strong with agile development concept and experience working in Agile/SCRUM environment
- Experience with Stream Processing
- Experience with Hortonworks distribution
- Experience with Solr or Elastic Search
- Degree in Computer Science or other numerical discipline
- Relocation available for qualified candidates
- Highly competitive pay and health & wellness plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- No B.S. policy that promotes transparency and accountability
- Beautiful and uncommon workspaces to collaborate and unwind
- Free gym membership (to the awesome gym that’s right next to our office)
- Free meals, healthy snacks (like nuts and yogurt parfaits), some indulgent snacks (like baked chips and dark chocolates), and refrigerators full of juices, teas and other life-essential beverages (including Red Bull)
- The latest and greatest in all things technology
- Lots and lots of awesome cars
We believe that offices should be destinations where people want to be… places where people want to work, play and, collaborate. That is why we spend a lot of time on enhancing our workspaces. Solera’s work environments are intersections of the old and the new… of the past, present, and future. They are spaces designed to stimulate creative thinking, innovation, and cross-functional collaboration.
We also embrace wellness. Whether it is our onsite or offsite workout centers, nutritional meals and beverages, or endless snacks for focus and energy. This wellness plan is our commitment to healthy living, which spans across our office environments.