Senior Software Engineer
SS&C Technologies Inc
Headquarters: Boston, MA
See all SS&C Technologies Inc jobs →
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
Overview and Scope
This Senior Software Engineer position will require strong experience in full stack, hands-on development, and delivery of distributed, multi-tiered, enterprise-level systems. You will work closely with Product team to understand requirements and business specifications around Portfolio Management, Analytics and Risk.
This position will work as part of a larger development team focused on driving innovation across the whole SS&C Institutional & Investment Management product. The Engineer will write top notch code in multi-tiered multi-thread and containerized environment, attend sprint meetings with team members to define and analyze development requirements and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
Main responsibilities of the job
- Code software changes based on design specifications. Proactively resolve issues in specification that will lead to quality, system performance, or architectural issues in product.
- Perform thorough unit testing on all relevant platforms as is appropriate for the particular task/project.
- Regularly inform manager on progress of project, identifying risks early in the process.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Designers to ensure understanding of business requirements.
- Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources.
- 3+ years of experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technologies – TensorFlow, Elastic, DeepLearn, Accord.
- Strong understanding of Machine Learning design- Supervised and Unsupervised learning patterns, Neural Networks, Pattern Recognition, Prediction, Anomaly, Scoring.
- 4+ years with SQL and NOSQL database technologies – SQL Server, MongoDB, PostgreSQL with ETL, SSIS
- Expert level experience with Python or related scripting language(s).
- Comprehensive knowledge and implementation of SaaS architecture with scalability and high-performance data processing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with design and implementation best practices for data modeling.
- Four-year college degree in relevant field. Computer Science or Engineering degree a plus.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.